Share |

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christian bus driver walks out over atheist advertisement

Jan 17 2009
A CHRISTIAN bus driver refused to take out his vehicle because it sported an atheist advert.
Ron Heather, 62, walked out of the depot in protest at the words "There's probably no God" written on his bus.
The First Bus vehicle was one of 800 across the UK to feature the first-ever atheist ad campaign, run by the British Humanist Association
Now bosses have agreed to accommodate Ron's beliefs by trying to put him on buses which don't carry the advert.
Dad-of-three Ron, from Southampton, said: "I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face. My first reaction was horror.
"I'd heard about this silly campaign but I had no idea it was coming to Southampton.
"I felt strongly I couldn't drive that bus, so I went up to my inspectors and told them.
"To be fair, the company have been very good and have agreed to do everything they can to keep me off those buses.
"However, if it goes on any longer, then I will consider giving up my job." more

No comments: